When you need to know when and where to celebrate Oktoberfest across the whole state of Connecticut, Limousines of Connecticut has you covered. Hear a lot of Oktoberfest but don’t really know a thing about it? Don’t worry because we are here to provide you all there is to know about this grand old tradition.
Having Fun In CT For Oktoberfest!
The German tradition began in the early 1800s and is celebrated in Munich, Germany for 16 days. It traditionally starts on the third weekend in September and ends the first Sunday in October. Get out with all of your friends and enjoy the festivities throughout Connecticut. Look below for what is happening near you.
- Tavern Restaurant is featuring a special German menu during the month of October which includes goulash, schnitzel, bratwurst and more. Click here for details.
- Redding Roadhouse: Now through October 31, Redding Roadhouse is hosting their 31st annual Oktoberfest with live Oompah bands on Sundays from 4-8 p.m., authentic German cuisine, 1-liter bier steins and more.
Fun For Your Oktoberfest Party
Throwing an Oktoberfest of your own and don’t know where to start? Limousines of Connecticut is here to save the day with some fun party ideas and activities.
- Alphorn Karaoke. Get long tubes of PVC piping with a curved pipe attachment on the end, and paint them light brown to look like wood. Have guest take turns playing the mock Alphorns karaoke style. See who can guess the name of the tune they are playing. Tip:Instead of buying PVC piping we have also found long 25 foot cardboard rolls from carpet stores. A great way to help recycle materials and the best thing was, it was free!
- Beer Stein Race. Contestants hold as many filled beer steins and race from one to the other to see who can fill the bucket the most in a period of time.
- Beer Checkers. Set up a checker tournament with a beer chess set. Whoever gets to conquer the opponent get to drink the beer in the mini beer mugs. See who is the last one standing!
- Giant Chess. Chess is a popular sport in Germany and chess championship tournamentsare held every year. If you are having the party outdoors, like most Oktoberfest parties, set up a large giant Chess set for guests to play with and organize your own tournament for that day. The fun part is having to move the giant chess pieces around. Perfect photo prop for pictures as well! Guarantee fun for young and old.
Schedule Your Oktoberfest Limousine
Make the night an adventure with the perfect Connecticut Limo by your side. Show your family and friends a great time with one of our exciting limousines. Choose from a gigantic 18 passenger Hummer limo or a classic 10 passenger Lincoln Limousine. Whatever vehicle you decide to choose, we can guarantee that this is just the start of a magnificent night. Don’t know how to reserve your Oktobeerfest car service? Just choose from one of the following reservation options below to get started: